Your puppy’s year one milestones!
Just a few months ago, your puppy was a tiny bundle that had only just opened their eyes. What a year it has been!
Reaching the end of your first year together with your puppy is such a milestone! So, what a great time to reflect and remember all they have achieved and all you have done together! And this is only the beginning!
How many of the things on our puppy milestone list has your little one done so far?
- Become house-trained
- Chosen a favourite toy
- Walked on a beach
- Walked in the woods
- Stayed overnight away from home
- Made friends with another species – a cat, rabbit, horse…?
- Been to a dog groomer
- Been to a pub
- Learnt how to catch a ball
- Dug a hole
- Found hidden treats using their nose
- Attended a puppy party
- Taken part in puppy training classes
- Been on a train
- Learnt to walk on a lead
- Tried basic agility (without jumping – they are still too little for that!)
- Walked in a town
- Learnt a trick
- Been to work with you
- Played hide and seek with you or some treats or toys
- Had a swim
- Made a dog best friend
- Played in the snow
- Been on a picnic with you
- Learnt how to fetch
- Been to a dog show
- Got really muddy
One of the best things about having a dog in your life is making the most of the time you have together to make more and more memories! Now that you’re really getting to know your dog, why not make a list of all the of things you'll both enjoy to aim for over the coming year?